Click the link below to access all class readings, materials, and handouts. See your syllabus or Ms. Pierce for the password.
Web-pages for Class Activities:
- Wednesday 10/10: Use the following webpages to help you complete your Major Historical Migrations handout.
- Monday 10/1: You will choose ONE of the following articles to read. In your notes, you will explain which stage of the epidemiological transition model that your article relates to in the situation discussed using specific examples and evidence to support your answer.
- Where a Sore Throat Becomes a Death Sentence (NYT – 2018)
- For Scientists Racing to Cure Alzheimer’s, the Math Is Getting Ugly (NYT – 2018)
- How Ebola Roared Back (NYT – 2014)
- Clues to Black Plague’s Fury in 650-Year-Old Skeletons (NYT – 2008)
- One-third of world now overweight, with US leading the way (CNN – 2017)
- The Next Plague Is Coming. Is America Ready? (The Atlantic – 2018)
- TB and scarlet fever: why Victorian diseases are making a comeback (The Guardian – 2016)
- Thursday 9/20: www.nationmaster.com – Population Density Stats
- Thursday 8/30: How Did We Get Here? (Google MyMaps)